Thursday, February 24, 2005

SFnewsletter Week ending Feb. 25, 2005

****Need a good painter? Primary Painting. Ask for "B". Tell him I sent you. (415) 533-0402.**** _____ Hello and welcome to the newest members of the list. To opt-out, either email me at sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below. If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, they must opt-in by emailing me. Most importantly, don't forget to click on the "New on Market", and "Sold" reports below. They are what make this newsletter tick.* $____ Market Update: When are we going to hit the top? I get asked this question 5 times a day. My answer, "I don't know." There is a home in the Richmond District that I'm not at liberty to say the address. Last year it would have sold for around $800,000. This year, they listed it around that price, they received 26 offers and it is rumored to be in contract somewhere near $1.2MM. Oh, I should add that it is a fixer. So had you bought that house last year, and sold it this year, that would be $400,000 to hide from George W. Do I have to say it? The market is hot. $$___ Maximum Overbid(TM) of the week**: 1200 Gough #9F, in the Van Ness/Civic Center area, one bedroom, one bath, one car parking, 840 square feet, asking $399,000, sold for $560,000, $666/square foot. The place better have REALLY good Feng Shui with that price per square foot. Here's a link to the property description: link $$$___ Comparison Shopping: For $398,000, $1000 less than the asking price of the condo on Gough, you can get this monster home in Charleston, South Carolina. link $$$$___ My Thoughts: Fatz! You movin' to SC? Happy Aloha Friday! alex New on Market Report: report SOLD 02/11/05-02/24/05: report SOLD 01/28/05-02/10/05: report

No comments: