Thursday, May 12, 2005

SFnewsletter Week ending May 13, 2005

Dear Friends: _____ Welcome: Hello and welcome to the newest members of the list. To opt-out, either email me at sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below. If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, they must opt-in by emailing me. For RECENT SALES/LISTING ACTIVITY (COMPS) CLICK ON THE "NEW ON MARKET" AND "SOLD" REPORTS BELOW.* $____ Market Update: This week, yet again, the market is still very, very good. Which brings me to a concern one of my readers had. If you haven't bought yet, have you missed the boat? "Missing the boat" implies that you're trying to get somewhere. If we're talking about real estate, where are you trying to go? Is building equity and selling for a higher price than you paid really going somewhere? It's just money. Can you get this by investing in property outside of San Francisco? Or is it the time spent ON the boat that you are missing? It's not a trick question. There is a way to have both. Don't stress about it. Think outside of the box. Real Estate is very trendy at the moment. Find your own style, and take your own boat. $$___ Maximum Overbid(TM) of the week**: Can I get a LOT please!? Ahhhh. You gotta love it. I don't even know if I'd like to describe the "cottage". Actually, I don't. Essentially, we have a lot in Cow Hollow asking $1,500,000 and selling for $2,800,000. Here's a link to the property description: link $$$___ Comparison Shopping: The difference between asking and selling price on the Overbid property is $1.3MM. If my calculations are correct (I've been known to be wrong.), the SF lot is about 5900 square feet. To give you an idea in order to compare, it would take roughly 7 of these lots to make one acre. So why not take that $1.3MM and buy 25 acres in Kennebunkport, Maine? They'll even throw in a remodeled 15 room Colonial Farmhouse. Just tell them I sent you, and save me some lobster. Have a look: link. !!!____ SFhotspots: "Fields of Vacuous Verities" by Chris Pew opens at Receiver Gallery on May 14th. Merging the dynamic, and often polar worlds of science and art, local Oakland artist Chris Pew will exhibit his latest work, "Fields of Vacuous Verities", at Receiver Gallery (8th Avenue / Irving) in San Francisco on Saturday, May 14, from 7 — 10 PM. For more info, please go to www.receivergallery.com. Thanks Jay!! If you know of a good NEW restaurant, bar, club, show, shop, etc. let me know, and I'll announce it to the world. $$$$___ My Thoughts: It's all how you look at it. Happy Aloha Friday! alex New on Market Report: report SOLD 04/29/05-05/13/05: report SOLD 04/15/05-04/28/05: report +For future reference, the only content that changes weekly is the Advertisement on the top of the page, the Market Update, SFhotspots, the Maximum Overbid of the Week(TM), Comparison Shopping, My Thoughts, and the Reports. So next time you get this newsletter, you can skip the Welcome, and the legal junk below, and get right to the good stuff.+ __

No comments: