Thursday, June 02, 2005

SFnewsletter Week ending June 3, 2005

****SFnewsletter(TM) is a work in progress.  I'm always changing content based on reader feedback.   I welcome ideas, suggestions, complaints, concerns, stories, etc.   There is lots of cool stuff to come.  And please...don't bet the farm off my predictions.**** _____
Welcome:
Hello and welcome to the newest members of the list.  To opt-out, either email me at sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below.  If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, they must opt-in by emailing me.  For RECENT SALES/LISTING ACTIVITY (COMPS) CLICK ON THE "NEW ON MARKET" AND "SOLD" REPORTS BELOW.* $____
Market Update:
Like Ozomatli says on their new album "Street Signs" at the end of track 9 leading to 10, "It's about to get HOT, HOTTER, HOTTEST..."  (You can hear sample songs by clicking the link, but to hear the epic quote you'll have to buy it.)  All the nay sayers have been predicting rising interest rates and the end of this market.   Well...guess what?  Rates dipped again.  Uh-oh.  There goes the neighborhood. $$___
Maximum Overbid(TM) of the week**:
Every time I run these searches I think I'm going to be numb to the result.  Not the case.   Here's a house on Diamond in Eureka Valley, two bed, two bath, one car parking, around 1578 square feet, asking $799,000 sold for $1,200,000.   Not such a shock considering the market we're in.   Here's the kicker...If MLS is correct, it sold in 1996 for $75,000.   Something tells me that could just be the loan amount, but either way, it's INSANE!!! $$$___
Comparison Shopping:
I know you're thinking, "Don't go there Alex.   Don't make me see what is out there for $75,000.   There can't be anything."   Sorry, I had to do it.   But you got to go deep in the heartland.   I'll put some San Francisco marketing twist on it for you..."Built in 1910 this quaint 1037 square foot home boasts three bedrooms, one bath, hardwood floors, formal dining room, laundry room, parking for many cars, tons of outdoor space, and your own private deck to share hors d'oeuvres with your guests, or to simply enjoy the serenity of the outdoors."   It can't be that bad in Lincoln, Nebraska. !!!____
SFhotspots:
I'm going outside the city for this one, because it was just so good.   Speisekammer Restaurant in Alameda.   A truly authentic and delicious Bavarian Restaurant.   If you've been to Suppenkuche here in the city and liked it, you'll love this place.   And they have a great outdoor patio for the hot summer nights and drinking cold German beers.   Take the ferry over, get wasted, and float home. ???____
Questions&Comments:
If you have something to say, send it to sfnewsletter@gmail.com.  I randomly post reader feedback here.  Don't worry, you'll be anonymous.  Chances are good that you are not the only person thinking it. $$$$___
My Thoughts:
I took a field trip to America last weekend.   I'm glad to be back home.
Happy Aloha Friday!

alex

New on Market Report: link SOLD 05/20/05-06/02/05: link SOLD 05/06/05-05/19/05: link

No comments: