Thursday, July 21, 2005

SFnewsletter Week ending July 22, 2005

********

_____
Welcome:
Hello and welcome to the newest members of the list.   I hope you enjoy this newsletter and find its information useful.   To opt-out, either email me at sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below.   If you choose to opt-out, I'd appreciate if you tell me your reasoning why, so I might be able to improve the newsletter.   If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, they must opt-in by emailing me.   For RECENT SALES/LISTING ACTIVITY (COMPS) CLICK ON THE "NEW ON MARKET" AND "SOLD" REPORTS BELOW.*

$____
Market Update:
You'd think that since I was out of town the market would slow down, right?   When I go away on vacation, everything is supposed to shut down.   Not true.  I already knew this before, but I was reminded again how insignificant I really am in the grand scheme of things.   I put a house on the market the day after I left town.   The day it hit the market we received eight offers...literally within hours.   Think the market cares that I went out of town?   No way.   And the market hasn't slowed one bit.

$$___
Maximum Overbid(TM) of the week**:
51 28th Street in Noe Valley.  Two bedroom, one bath, two car parking...asking $799,000 sold for $1,100,000.   Uhhhhhhh....What?!  

$$$___
Comparison Shopping:
Since I just got back from Maui, and did a bit of research while I was there, I thought you'd be pleased to know that San Francisco is not the only crazy Real Estate market.   Look what you get for $1.1MM at the condos where we stayed.   This complex is pretty much ideal Hawaii.   The grounds are lush with tropical plants like banana trees, mango trees, avocado trees, lime trees, and of course palm trees.   The beach down the path is perfect white sand.  The water was 84 degrees and crystal clear.   There were three pools, and the geckos ate all the mosquitos.   It was pretty much ideal, but if you want to buy one, you're gonna have to pay...a lot!

!!!____
SFhotspots:
John Colins, www.johncolins.com, 90 Natoma.   Great bar.   Cool atmosphere.   Great bartenders.

???____
Questions&Comments:
If you have something to say, send it to sfnewsletter@gmail.com.  Chances are good that you are not the only person thinking it.

$$$$___
My Thoughts:
Da' Feta Mo' Betta!

Happy Aloha Friday!

alex

New on Market Report: link SOLD 07/08/05-07/21/05: link SOLD 06/24/05-07/07/05: link

No comments: