Thursday, July 28, 2005

SFnewsletter(TM) Week ending July 29, 2005

****JohnColins at 90 Natoma, www.johncolins.com.   Happy hour M-F, 5-8pm; $2beers, $3wells and a buck off everything else.   Starting in August they will have a full music program, including DJs.   Go check 'em out!****

_____
Welcome:
Hello and welcome to the newest members of the list.   I hope you enjoy this newsletter and find its information useful.   To opt-out, either email me at sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below.   If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, they must opt-in by emailing me.   For RECENT SALES/LISTING ACTIVITY (COMPS) CLICK ON THE "NEW ON MARKET" AND "SOLD" REPORTS BELOW.*

$____
Market Update:
Same old song and dance.   There is a great article by Kenneth Fisher of Forbes magazine.   It is called Bubblenomics.   You can view his article at www.forbes.com/fisher, but you'll have to sign up and create an account to actually read it.   I am not allowed to copy it.   It's worth a read, and the account on Forbes.com is free.

$$___
Maximum Overbid(TM) of the week**:
1859 Green in Pacific Heights.   Two bedroom, one bath condo with one parking space.  Yes it was nice.   1300 square feet, asking $895,000 sold for only $1,200,000.  If MLS is correct, it spent a staggering two days on the market.   You sense my sarcasm?

$$$___
Comparison Shopping:
Forget about what you get for that price, let's knock off about $1,000,000 and see what you can get in Salt Lake City, Utah.   All these homes come with a stack of Bibles on your door-step. http://www.wfrmls.com/clients/   The username is: alexclark@gmail.com, password is: rental 2 (notice there is a space before 2!).   I'm looking for a rental there.   Happy house hunting!

!!!____
SFhotspots:
I have searched and searched, but can't find a better chicken salad sandwich than at DelMonte Deli in Potrero Hill.   On the corner of 17th and Utah.  I've been going there for about 5 years, and it is always top notch, if it's not sold out.   Order it toasted on a french roll.

???____
Questions&Comments:
If you have something to say, send it to sfnewsletter@gmail.com.  Chances are good that you are not the only person thinking it.

$$$$___
My Thoughts:
I don't usually do this (showcase my listings), but if you're looking for a fixer, I have a great one listed...4322 25th Street in Noe.   Call me for details.

Happy Aloha Friday!

alex

New on Market Report: link SOLD 07/15/05-07/28/05: link SOLD 07/01/05-07/14/05: link

No comments: