Friday, December 03, 2004

SFnewsletter Week ending Dec. 3, 2004

Dear Friends: ****The SFnewsletter found a home in cyberspace. Have a look. Blog. SFnewsletter.com coming soon! **** _____ Welcome to the newest members of the list. To opt-out, either email sfnewsletter@gmail.com, or click on the "unsubscribe" button below. If you know anyone who would like to be added to this distribution, send me their email, or have them contact me. Don't forget to click on the "New on Market", and "Sold" reports below. They are what make this newsletter tick.* First off, coma, coma, coma! I spelled it wrong last week. My wife, who is a nurse, tore into me good for that mispelling. We all make mistakes, right? $____ Market Update: ATSUI! (Hot in Japanese, Thanks Dave!) I ran out of translations I know for Hot, so other suggestions are welcome. There is a definite slow down in new properties listed on the market, but that is typical for this time of year. People would rather drink eggnog, sing carols, and go to holiday parties, than have hordes of curious buyers and neighbors trampling through their homes. However, the properties that are on the market are enjoying a lack of inventory party themselves. Fewer homes to choose from + the same amount of buyers = a recipe for competition and overbids. $$___ Maximum overbid of the week**: 40%. Yes 40% over. Can you imagine walking into Lombardi Sports and saying, "I'd like to buy those skis, but I want to pay 40% more for them because they are the last pair on the rack." Even though you know in the back of your mind, there will be another pair for sale soon. It's insane! I'm going to start a new section soon, called "Comparison Shop", where I'll find properties in other parts of the country for the same price as these and you decide which you like better. So on with the show... 241 San Fernando in Balboa Terrace. 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 1 car parking, square footage is not listed, asking $995,000, sold for $1,401,000. It's the extra $1000, that kills me. Even better is what it sold for in 1998, $445,000. Here's a link to the property description: Description $$$___ My Thoughts: Chamonix or the Italian Riviera? French wine and champagne powder, or Italian wine and golden sun. I bet $1,401,000 could buy me something sweet there. Happy Aloha Friday! alex New on Market Report: Report SOLD 11/19/04-12/03/04: Report SOLD 11/5/04-11/18/04: Report

No comments: